Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Yes I know, I've been lazy...

Yesterday in school, some of students in the class I was subbing for was doing a project on heroin.  I guess because of the recent death of Phillip Seymour Hoffman.  Now the teacher had a bulletin board with him on it the word genius was used to describe him.  I thought "Hmm, if he was a genius, then shouldn't he have known the effects of heroin before he overdosed?"  I know this is a naive question, but I seriously can't understand why the word "genius" was put next to "drug addict."  So it got me thinking about the various actors and musicians who died of drug overdose.  So I asked them if they ever heard of Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, or even Chris Farley?  They said no to each and every one of them, I was somewhat shocked I might add.  So here's some stuff I grew up watching and listening to.  ENJOY!!!

Alice in Chains, Down in a Hole.  RIP Layne Staley (1967-2002)


Nirvana, Where Did You Sleep Last Night?  RIP Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)


And of course, the sad clown himself, Chris Farley.  (1964-1997)

IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment