Saturday, April 5, 2014

Cover Songs!!!

I was tooling around Youtube, looking up various songs and I remember that there were a couple great cover songs that were done by some of my favorite bands.  So I figured I'd share them with everyone!  The great thing about covers is that they help those bands who are starting up.  They normally start off playing songs that are well known before playing anything original.  There is a drawback to this, I've heard cover bands that are terrible who butchered a classic. 

1. Pearl Jam Reign O'er Me, originally by The Who


2. Last Kiss by Pearl Jam originally by Wayne Cochran also covered by J. Frank Wilson and The Cavaliers.

 


3. House of the Rising Sun by The Animals originally by Leadbelly

4. Voodoo Child by Stevie Ray Vaughn originally by Jimi Hendrix

5. Man of Constant Sorrow by The Soggy Bottom Boys originally by Dick Burnet circa 1913

No comments:

Post a Comment