Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Instruments I play.

As the title states this is more on instruments I play, and no I'm not trying to be smug or self-centered.  This is more to show what can be done with these instruments.  I've been playing bass guitar for about 4 years now, and I taught myself.  I'm not the greatest at it, but I have a lot of fun with it.  To me, a musician can do just about anything with a bass guitar from simply strumming a basic rhythm or to a more complex slap line.  My favorite bassists range from Geezer Butler of Black Sabbath, John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin, John Entwistle of The Who, Cliff Burton of Metallica and Les Claypool  of Primus.  They each have their own methods, but they're all extremely talented.  The other instrument I play is the harmonica, been playing this since I was about seven.  I still fiddle around with it, because it's easy to carry around and it doesn't take much to create a simple harp tune.  John Popper of Blues Traveler is like the Jimi Hendrix of the harmonica.  Here's a couple clips.  Enjoy!!!

Primus-Lacquer Head


The Who-My Generation


Blues Traveler-Devil Went Down to Georgia



No comments:

Post a Comment